SIRUI ND8 (0.9) Square Grey Filter 100x100mm (3 Stops)
- incl. VAT, plus shipping and handling
The world seen anew with SIRUI grey filters
What is the SIRUI ND grey filter?
Grey filters or neutral density (ND) filters are uniformly darkened across the whole surface of the filter. They reduce the amount of light that passes through the lens to the sensor without changing colours or contrast in the image.
Why do you need a grey filter?
Filters are vital for long exposure shots in the daytime and lead to new creative possibilities. Without using a SIRUI grey filter, the image would be significantly over-exposed.
• Soft wiping or flowing effects on moving water and passing clouds.
• Busy locations and streets can be emptied of people using a long exposure and a grey filter.
• Work with an open aperture to create a shallow depth of field. Excess light is compensated for by the filter. It simply "swallows" a lot of the light, meaning that you do not need to compensate using the camera settings (such as aperture, exposure time or ISO).
Materials and manufacture
The high quality of SIRUI filters begins with the material: they are manufactured from German Schott glass. The glass is fire-polished, ensuring a perfect optical surface. This process also makes the glass extremely robust and resilient. Rounded corners and polished edges make the glass shatter-proof. This also makes it easier to insert the filter into the holder. The precise manufacturing meets the highest standards. Accurate measurement procedures and strict quality control ensure consistent quality of the filters.
2mm thick German Schott glass
• Highly translucent
• Distortion-free image across the whole filter surface
• Solar stability (does not change when exposed to solar radiation)
• High chemical resistance
• Fire-polished for a perfect optical surface
• Extremely robust and resilient
Coating and protection
Ultra slim multiple nano-coating on both sides
• Maximum light transmission
• Linear and full-surface reflection reduction
• Accurate colour reproduction and colour fidelity
Exclusive grey film coating on both sides
• Perfectly linear light reduction from filter edge to filter edge
• Uniform darkening with stable colour cast and contrast stability
Additional protective film on both sides
• Water-, grease- and dust-repellent
• Easy to clean
Features and specifications
- ND8 (0.9) | 3 stops | covers 3 f-stops | lengthening factor 8x
- Reduces the amount of light for long exposure shots in the daytime
- Grey film and nano coating on both sides
- Additional protection film on both sides
- Rounded corners and polished edges
- Material: optical 2mm Schott glass manufactured in Germany
- Dimensions: 100 x 100mm
For using the filter the SIRUI NDH001 square filter holder system 100mm is needed.
Filter holder systems for 100mm filters
1x SIRUI ND8 (0.9) Square Grey Filter 100x100mm (3 stops)
1x Padded bag
We Also Recommend